Tuesday, December 18, 2007

toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore

....so by now you've figured out that the big move went off as scheduled. do I miss NY at all? not so much. one more crazy neighbor story and then I hope that's it for all time. on the day we were loading the truck there was a piece of oak tag nailed to a tree at the front of the complex that read: "good bye white trash Jack and Sue" :-0 now if that's not the pot calling the kettle trash I don't know what is!

we're really loving the new house and neighborhood, stress level is nil

a few things I've noticed that remind me I'm not in NY anymore:

-people actually stop at stop signs and expect you to use your signal when turning

-handicapped parking spots aren't painted blue, just have signs that I don't notice until i've pulled in (they could use a few more street signs imo as well)

-they have coffee milk at school instead of chocolate milk

-the pizza sucks, not gonna even try a bagel

-there's a guy at the grocery store checkout that is there for the sole purpose of bagging my stuff!

-I get called 'sweethaht' a lot....seriously why don't they pronounce their R's?


-patriots, red sox and celtics, not giants, yankees and knicks


-the plumber sent a thank-you note

-the car pulled up next to me at the red light isn't shattering my windows with his bass

-people at the dmv were losing their minds because they had to wait 1/2 hr (I was jumping for joy at such a short wait)

-there is not a blessed thing open at 1 am, not even a bar!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, an update! Sounds as though you're liking Rhode Island!

Carrie

Brandy said...

whoo hoo on updates!! and ha on the coffee milk at school, what the heck?!

Kache said...

coffee milk? fancy.

I think I would have written a response on that sign ;)

Glad you're have no stress at the new homefront!

shannon said...

glad you are enjoying the new digs! we need some pics!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!